Giant Otter Ecology, Management and Conservation in the Araguaia River Project
The Giant Otter Ecology, Management and Conservation Project in the Araguaia River is conducted in partnership with the National Institute for Research in the Amazon. The main objective is to raise information about giant otter biology, ecology and conservation through radio-telemetry. The Project, initiated in 2006 in the region of Cantão State Park, today is developed in the Meandros do Rio Araguaia Reserve, São Miguel do Araguaia, Goiás state.
The interns will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of data collection that take place during the period of the internships. The intern is expected to treat all data-collecting activities with responsibility and seriousness.
Field Research Activities:
- Monitoring through radio-telemetry;
- Direct observation of giant otter;
- Giant otter burrow census.
- Data input and processing – After each day’s field work, data is entered into the research database;
- Daily activity report – A detailed report to be submitted within 2 weeks after the end of the internship.
- Basic Information
Housing, costs, what to bring.
- How to Get There
- Activity Report Model
- Terms of Responsibility